Is your AC unit working? If yes, do you know why? A lot of homeowners face the problem of an AC unit that works or doesn’t work. Do you want to find out what is causing your AC system to be non-operational? Your AC unit could be malfunctioning due to several reasons, such as limited airflow and clogged filters. Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating offers AC repair in Phoenix, AZ that can help you get to the bottom of your AC unit’s problem.
5 Causes of frequent AC repair in Phoenix, AZ
Here are some reasons to schedule AC repair.
1. Dirty evaporator filter: This is the most common cause of AC repair. If not kept clean, your evaporator filter will quickly become clogged with dust and other debris. It’s important to change or clean it regularly so that there isn’t too much restriction on airflow. If air can’t flow freely through the filter, it will cause your AC unit to work harder and eventually lead to a breakdown.
2. Low refrigerant levels: If your AC unit is low on refrigerant, it will have to work harder to cool your home. This can cause premature wear and tear on the unit, leading to a breakdown.
3. Cracked evaporator coil: The evaporator coil allows heat to transfer from the inside of your home to the outside, but it can develop cracks over time. This allows moisture and debris to get into the system, which can cause leaks and damage to other components.
4. Contaminated compressor: Your AC unit’s compressor is a crucial part of the system. It’s responsible for pumping refrigerant throughout your home, but if it becomes contaminated it can fail and lead to AC repair in Phoenix, AZ.
5. Malfunctioning thermostat: If your thermostat is not working properly, it will cause problems with temperature regulation and prevent your AC unit from working efficiently.