If you’re like most people, you probably use your air conditioner quite a bit during the summer months. But if you don’t take proper care of it, that can lead to problems down the road. Here are eight tips for maintaining your A/C this summer in Peoria, AZ.
1. Make sure there’s enough room around the unit for airflow:
If your air conditioner is cluttered up with debris or there’s furniture blocking the vents, that can restrict airflow and cause the unit to work harder than it needs to. So take a few minutes every once in a while to clear away any debris and make sure the vents are clear.
2. Keep the filter clean:
A dirty filter can block airflow and cause all sorts of problems for your air conditioner. So be sure to check the filter regularly and replace it when it gets dirty.
3. Don’t try to cool your entire house at once:
If you try to cool your whole house all at once, your air conditioner will have to work overtime. Instead, focus on cooling the rooms that you use the most and leave the doors to other rooms closed.
4. Don’t set the temperature too low:
You might be tempted to set the temperature as low as it will go in an attempt to cool your house down quickly. But that’s not very effective and can cause your air conditioner to work harder than necessary. A good rule of thumb is to set the temperature no lower than 78 degrees.
5. Use fans to supplement cooling:
If you’re looking for a way to cool down your house without running up your energy bill, try using fans in addition to your air conditioner. Ceiling fans in particular can help circulate the air and make your home feel cooler.
6. Check ducts for leaks and seal them if necessary:
Leaks in your ductwork can cause cool air to escape, making your air conditioner work harder than it needs to. So if you suspect there are leaks in your ducts, have them checked out and sealed if necessary.
7. Caulk any cracks or gaps around doors and windows to keep cool air in and hot air out:
Just like with ductwork, any cracks or gaps around doors and windows can let the cool air out and hot air in. So be sure to caulk any such openings to prevent this from happening.
8. Have your air conditioner serviced regularly:
Even if you take all of these steps, it’s still a good idea to have your air conditioner serviced by a professional at least once a year. They can identify any potential problems and make sure your unit is running as efficiently as possible.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your air conditioner runs smoothly all summer long.
Book An AC Maintenance Appointment With The Experts Now!
At Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating, we understand the importance of AC maintenance. Our trained and certified professionals provide AC tune-ups that will prolong the life of your unit while reducing your energy consumption. When you schedule AC maintenance, we follow a maintenance checklist that covers over 30 different points. This helps us to identify any potential concerns so that we can address them before they cause problems.
Some of the main services included in our AC maintenance checklist are as follows:
1. Clean the condenser coils
2. Inspect the condenser unit for damage
3. Check the Freon levels and recharge if necessary
4. Inspect the evaporator coils
5. Inspect the blower motor and lubricate if necessary
6. Clean or replace the air filter
7. Inspect the ductwork for leaks
8. Clean the Thermostat sensor
9. Check the operation of the safety switch
10. Test the AC unit for proper operation
11. Inspect the outdoor disconnect box
12. Check the voltage and amperage of the AC unit
13. Tighten all electrical connections
14. Inspect the air handler for leaks
15. Lubricate all moving parts So, if you want to ensure that your AC unit is ready for the summer, be sure to schedule AC maintenance with us today. We’ll make sure that your unit is running smoothly and efficiently so that you can enjoy cool, comfortable indoor temperatures all season long. Contact Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating at (623) 566-0005 to schedule an appointment now.