If your home’s heating system isn’t keeping you warm and comfortable, you may be looking for ways to improve it. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to make your system more efficient and heat your home more effectively. Here are 10 tips for improving your home’s heating system.
1. Check your heating system’s airflow. Make sure that the vents in your home are open and that the air is flowing freely. If the airflow is blocked, your system may not be working as efficiently as it could be.
2. Clean or replace your furnace filter regularly. A dirty furnace filter can impede airflow and reduce your system’s efficiency. If required, schedule furnace or heater services with a professional technician to clean or replace your furnace filter.
3. Keep your thermostat set at a moderate temperature. Heating your home to 70 degrees Fahrenheit instead of 65 degrees can increase your energy usage by up to 30 percent!
4. Seal any cracks or gaps around your home’s doors and windows. A good way to do this is to use caulk or weatherstripping. Sealing these cracks and gaps can help keep the heat in your home and reduce your energy usage.
5. Install insulation in your attic and crawlspace. Insulation helps keep the heat in your home and can save you money on your energy bills.
6. Make sure your heating ducts are properly sealed and insulated. Ducts that aren’t properly sealed can lose a lot of heat, which can increase your energy usage and cost you money.
7. Use a programmable thermostat to automatically adjust your home’s temperature based on when you’re home and when you’re not. This can help you save energy and money.
8. Close off vents in unused rooms. If a room isn’t being used, close the vent to prevent heated air from escaping.
9. Install a wood-burning stove or fireplace. A wood-burning stove or fireplace can provide supplemental heat to your home and help reduce your energy usage.
10. Consider upgrading to a newer, more efficient heating system. If your home’s heating system is more than 10 years old, it may be time to consider upgrading to a newer model. A new heater installation can be more energy-efficient and may save you money on your energy bills.
These are just a few of the ways that you can improve your home’s heating system. For more tips and advice, please contact a professional heating contractor like Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating.
At Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating, we specialize in heating system installation, repair, and replacement. We can help you find the perfect heating system for your home and install it quickly and efficiently. Contact us today at 623-377-7137 to learn more!